Friday, April 12, 2013

My Comments on "Safety is important. We must allow open carry in Texas"


I read Austin's blog, "Safety is Important. We must allow open carry in Texas," where he discusses his view on open carry in Texas. He strongly believes that it should be allowed. I agree that it should be allowed to create a safer place to live.

I like how Austin started off with the 2nd Amendment and also how he compared the relaxed gun law state to the states with strict laws. I agree with his point about the crime rates dropping because the carrier, and possible victim, would have a weapon to defend themselves out in the open. Someone looking to cause trouble with another person would most likely change their mind when they realized that the person could easily stop anything from happening, and they would be putting their own life at risk if they still went through with it. I also agree with his last sentences: "The time HAS come to change our gun laws, but not in the way that the mainstream media wants to report. A vote for open carry is a vote for a safer place for all of us."

One dislike I had about this editorial was that there wasn't a link to lead me to a site with more information on the topic or see where he found some of his information. I also feel that his editorial was mostly his opinion on the subject. The opinions are great, but I think it could be a stronger editorial with facts and credible resources.

Overall, Austin did well writing his editorial, but some facts would only make it better.

No comments: