Friday, May 10, 2013

My Comments on "Driving While Intexticated"


I read the blog, "Driving While Intexticated," where the writer discusses the topic of texting while driving in Texas. They strongly believe that it should not be allowed anywhere in Texas and I agree.

I like how the blog starts off with the statistic and the information about the ban because it caught my attention. The blog is well organized and easy to follow. It discusses the topic, her opinion, and the also the views of others with her input as well. I agree that texting and driving is very dangerous and should be banned everywhere, not just Austin. No text is ever going to be as important as the life of yourself or anyone else's that you put in danger while texting and driving. Even being around people texting while driving makes me nervous. When I'm driving and see a car constantly swerving in and out of their lane, it has always been because they were texting and didn't even realize it. I do disagree with her statement on the hands free devices though. Even though the driver's hands are still on the steering wheel and their eyes are on the road, they are still going to be distracted from the device. It could even make response time slower if something were to happen because they weren't fully paying attention to what was going on around them. As for the being pulled over part of the blog, I think it would end texting and driving faster than just educating would. People are told how dangerous it is and I'm sure they see all of the new ads and commercials about it everyday, yet there are still plenty of people doing it. If they get pulled over and punished, I bet they would think twice before doing it again, which could stop them from hurting themselves or someone else in the future.

Overall, the writer did well writing the editorial. Their opinion was supported by reasons and facts and it was short and to the point.

No comments: